The 5 Second Rule
I can’t remember exactly when I first heard about Mel Robbins and The 5 Second Rule on my youtube feed, however I know that I was intrigued about some of the stuff Mel was saying and it was making SO much sense at the time.
Well I’ve finally finished the book and what an awesome read it was.
I think it’s going to be a book that I’ll pick up again and again, as there are so many reminders we need to stay true to ourselves and live the life we desire without procrastination or fear of failure.
I have to say I’m a bit of shocker when it comes to reading books, as I generally have about about 4 books on the go at one time.
I so love reading and how the words in some books just pop out and and you go “hell yeah”, which is what Mel’s book did for me.
There are so many things we already know on a daily basis we “should be doing” but reading this book gives you a gentle reminder to continue to put certain things back into practise.
I had so so many “take outs” from this book that I’ve written down and will keep for myself to look over to remind me to stay true, be brave & stop procrastinating.
I’ll do my best to highlight the main ones that I got out of the book, without giving too much away in case you decide to read it for yourself.
So here goes my “take outs”….
- I do the count down with our daughter and didn’t realise it until I read this book and yes the 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 count down definitely works!
- How to beat fear & procrastination by using the principals and practises Mel describes.
- We are the problem no one else – for whatever is going on in our life.
- Trust your gut & yourself more – research confirms the “gut theory”.
- Letting go. There are always people who are going to jealous, envious or just plain don’t like you. That’s ok. Stay true to yourself, move on and forgive!
- Improve your life by moving and stop making excuses – JUST DO IT!….and
- How to stop overthinking things.
We all struggle with the same self defeating problems.
We all doubt ourselves.
Don’t buy into these feelings….
There you go just a few of my “take outs” from Mel Robbins book The 5 Second Rule!
An awesome read for anyone who wants to improve some part in their life.
Reading books can inspire us to become more of who we want to be.
Be inspired, read more, love more, live more and just be you – you are perfect exactly the way you are. So embrace you and be HAPPY!
If there’s a book you love then please let me know as I’d love to hear what 📚 inspires you 💝